I was a huge lego fan when I was a kid, my parents didn't buy my sisters and I many toys, so we spent a lot of time with this huge bag of hand me down legos. It was a set to make a boat, but a lot of pieces were missing. There were only white, gray and black lego pieces too haha. I remember I really wanted
the green board so badly haha! I built furniture with them for my barbie dolls too. I LOVE LEGO!
I was in Halifax over the summer and saw these lego cutlery in a kitchenware store!!
They are too cute!! I had to get them! :)
Of course, I had to make lego cupcakes and take pictures with the cutlery when I got home!
..and here's a lego man on a cupcake. He's made out of gumpaste, entirely edible!
Easy DIY lego cupcake tutorial!
What you'll need:
- clump of fondant
- rolling pin
- any edible color dye
- small circle cutter
- paintbrush and toothpick (optional)
- a knife
1. Use a toothpick and dab a bit of your edible color dye onto the fondant. Knead the fondant until the color is all mixed. You might need to add the color several times to get a nice intense color like the lego blocks.
2. Roll out the fondant about 3/4 of an inch thick.
3. Use the circle cutter and cut out 6 fondant circles.
4. Roll the fondant together and roll it out to 3/4 inch think again.
5. 'Glue' the circle fondant onto the rolled out fondant by dabbing a bit of water. The water acts as a glue between the fondant. I like using a small paintbrush to apply water, you can use your finger, or toothpick etc.
6. With the knife, cut a rectangular shape around the circles.
7. Let it dry for a few hours, and you can place them onto cupcakes! You can make variations by using different colors and different lego pieces (2 circles, 4 circles).
Btw, the cutlery are not lego brand, if you're interested, look up
"Fred and Friends Snack and Stack" lego cutlery. You can buy them online!